Advising individuals, families and businesses for 28 years
Michele Raia has been advising individuals, families and businesses for 28 years. Due to her entrepreneurial experience and spirit, she understands the challenges of starting a new business and provides cost-effective, personalized guidance every step of the way including:
- Selecting and forming the new legal entity
- Navigating through start-up legal issues
- Negotiating and preparing operating agreements, purchase and sale agreements, loan documentation, leases and shareholder agreements
Having worked in a general practice firm and served as in-house counsel for two large corporations, Ms. Raia developed a wide array of experience and expertise. She can work across multiple departments within a company to deliver legal advice on day-to-day business, operational and employment matters.
She routinely drafts:
- Employee handbooks and compliance manuals
- Employment, independent contractor and consulting agreements
- Non-competition and confidentiality agreements
- Separation and severance agreements
- Vendor contracts and product/service agreements
As a trusted advisor, Ms. Raia is an integral part of her clients’ businesses and has a comprehensive understanding of their business affairs. In that role, she ensures compliance with continually changing business and employment laws/regulations; helps identify and resolve legal issues in a cost-effective manner; and counsels clients as they grow with their business acquisitions, licensing and regulatory matters, real estate transactions and corporate governance restructuring.
Ms. Raia represents closely held businesses in a variety of industries including publishing, senior housing, health care, manufacturing, retail, real estate, and consulting. She also represents individuals with wills and general estate planning, probate and real estate matters. Ms. Raia is proud to have many long-term clients and credits that to the consistent, personalized service she provides to each and every client.